At Richmonds our team of property accounting specialist aim to enable your property portfolio to achieve new heights of profitability, while ensuring your tax liabilities are dully managed and mitigated. Our team property specialists have been working with large property developers to single property owners.
It matters less what your size of investment is, our aim is ensure your business remains hurdle free.
With banks returning and insurance and pension funds seeking long term low risk investments, the sector is largely recovered but remains challenging.
Location is a key factor in determining return on investment and this can be a stumbling block as competition from both local and international markets increases.
Due to legacy supply shortages, and resulting price increases, it can also be difficult to find attractive opportunities, but residential development, retail outlets, student accommodation and hotels are all good options.
The main risk factors in the sector are due to increased regulation, which adds to operating and admin costs, and an ever-changing tax environment, which creates uncertainty – never good for an investment dependant sector.
How do property accountants help?
We are fully committed to assist our property businesses clients their specific needs. We help clients manage Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and/or changes to CGT policy that may affect their business’s viability.
Richmonds also provides assistance with planning around stamp duty land tax (SDLT), capital allowances, inheritance tax and allowable expenses.
We have the experience to handle and mitigate the impact of taxes, more importantly we aim to increase the overall profitability of your business.
Our team of property specialists provide expert advice on financing, mortgages, limited company mortgages and all other types of debt facilities.
Those investing in holiday properties or apartments rented out through services such as Airbnb typically need advice on tax relief for furnished holiday lets.
Richmond’s team of specialist also specializes in advising estate agents, surveyors, architects, and large construction companies.
With our vast experience on property taxations, we have assisted a vast variety of Real estate businesses from estate agents to architects and construction firms. We can assist firm from the most granular of tasks, making payrolls to tax reliefs.
Our specialist accountants expertise spans across the following areas:
- Tax: We can help you minimize your tax liabilities through inheritance tax, capital gains tax, stamp duty land tax planning, debt restructuring and our wide knowledge on capital allowances
- Business planning: Our team can advise on how best practices to start your venture, acquisition planning, structuring, and even exit strategies
- Compliance: we can assist you take care of all regulatory compliance including VAT, corporation tax, PAYE, national insurance, stamp duty and land tax and including external and internal audits
- Corporate Finance: Our specialist team consults on mergers, acquisitions, disposals, and introductions to suitable business partners where required
- VAT: Our tax professional file your returns HMRC accurately and with punctuality
- Finance: we can guide you with finance sourcing and freeing up cash tied in your business through cash flow management issues.
- Accounts: We provide real estate accounting services to support with the day-to-day running of your business and help with opening potential opportunities
- Trusts and Estate Planning: We can help pass on property in the most tax efficient way